Holbrook Farm and Chef Michael Bick of Some Things Fishy Catering are hosting their second BYOB farm-to-table dinner of the season on Sunday, July 22, 2012, 4 p.m. at Holbrook Farm in Bethel, CT. The event is $55 per person. To make reservations, email or call 914.572.5648 to make reservations.
Their first event of the season was captured by Alicia Ghio of Local Food Rocks. Check out her recap and photos, here.
Holbrook Farm is a 13-acre family farm run by John and Lynn Holbrook for the past 34 years. "Holbrook Farm has been clean of pesticides and herbicides for at least the last 30 years that we have owned the land. We don't spray with pesticides, we try to use beneficial insects and companion plants," John Holbrook says, "and we don't use herbicides. Weeds have a place in the ecological mix as long as they are controlled."
Holbrook Farm Dinner Menu | July 22, 2012
- Blueberry Lemonade with Young Mint
- Basil Lemonade
Passed Hors D'oeuvres
- Heirloom Tomato Fritters
- Basil Infused Arethusa Chevre, Caramelized Onions, Sun-Baked Tomatoes
- Watermelon Gazpacho Shots
- Mountain Products Caramelized Bacon
- Arethusa Farm Camembert, Fig Jam, Panificio Navona Grain Bread
Plated First Course
- Fennel Pollen Dusted Striped Bass
- Corn Puree, Fennel & Arugula Salad, Heirloom Tomato Essence
Family Style Dinner
- Slow Roasted Heritage Breed Boneless Pork Loin, Brookside Farm II Maple Syrup-Tamari Drizzle, Stone Fruit Slaw
- Heirloom Tomato Salad, Ricotta Salata, Basil Chiffonade
- Sweet Corn, Charred Zucchini, Sugar Peas, Shiitake Mushroom Succotash
- Hand Planted & Harvested Red Rice, Sweet Baby Carrots, Caramelized Pine Nuts, Cucumber Vinaigrette
- Mini Cobblers: Peach, Blackberry, or Blueberry
- Arethusa Farm Whipped Cream
Holbrook Farm is located at 45 Turkey Plain Road (Route 53 South) in Bethel, CT. (203) 792-0561 or visit online at holbrookfarm.net. They are open from 9 to 5 Monday through Saturday.
Some Things Fishy Catering is owned and operated by Chef Michael Bick. Information at SomeThingsFishyCatering.com