Nothing screams fall more than butternut squash! Try our new twist on bruschetta featuring the delicious flavors of this fall favorite. #YUM
Butternut Squash Bruschetta with Pomegranate Recipe
- 2 T Pistachios
- 4 T Unsalted Butter
- 1 2 lb. Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded and cut into a small dice
- 4 sprigs Sage
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- Kosher Salt
- 1 C Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ C Sugar
- Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Baguette, sliced on the bias, brushed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and grilled
- 2 oz Goat Cheese, crumbled
- ½ C Pomegranate Seeds
- Preheat oven temperature to 400 degrees. Coarsely chop pistachios and set aside.
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add squash, sage, and thyme, season with salt. Cook, tossing several times, until squash is lightly browned, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to oven and roast for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and remove sage and thyme.
- Meanwhile, bring vinegar and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to a syrup consistency, about 10-15 minutes. Drizzle over squash.
- Season with salt and pepper. Spoon squash onto bruschetta; top with goat cheese, pomegranate seeds, and chopped pistachios.