Two of the premier chefs in Connecticut, Chef Luke Venner of Elm in New Canaan and Tyler Anderson of Millwright’s in Simsbury, will be sharing stoves again at Elm Restaurant on Wednesday, April 20th in a reunion pop-up event.
The two chefs, who met in 2007, will be sharing stoves again as they did for years prior to Chef Venner joining Elm last year. Venner worked under Anderson as the chef de cuisine at the critically acclaimed Millwright’s restaurant in Simsbury. The menu (see below) is light hearted and features several dishes influenced by California where both chefs cut their teeth working in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The menu will be divided into a section of smaller dishes (all priced at $15) and a section of larger dishes (priced at $25), which are designed for sharing. Dishes include strawberries with burrata and green almond, Smoked Wagyu Tri tip, and a double patty dry aged burger served “animal style”- a nod to the cult fast food chain In & Out Burger.
Call 203.920.4994 for reservations
- Raw Fluke, walnut cream and caviar
- Strawberry, burrata, green almond
- Crab Toast, peas, ham hock, mint
- Charred Asparagus & Radishes, guanciale, absinthe
- Veal Tartare, cucumber, black garlic
- Roasted Carrots, farro horchata, candied lime
- Grilled Artichokes, dill pesto, chevre
- Gnocchetti Sardi, sea urchin, lamb’s quarters
- Whole Wheat Reginetti, morel crema, green peppercorn
- Tandori Octopus, avocado, canary melon
- Grilled Branzino, shrimp mousseline, chimichurri broth
- Roasted Quail, sausage & fennel stuffing
- Dry Aged Burger, double-double “animal style”
- Smoked Wagyu Tri Tip, sweet & sour onions
73 Elm St, New Canaan, CT 06840