Join Westport's beloved chef, Pietro Scotti, for a unique, hands-on cooking experience in the magical region of Tuscany Italy on Friday April 27- Friday May 4, 2012. We’ll supply the aprons, just bring your culinary curiosity, appetite and love for Italy for a very special 8 day/7 night culinary and cultural adventure. This intimate journey will be limited to a maximum of only 14 participants. Whether your preference is to spend time creating in the kitchen with Chef Pietro and/or to have unique access for exploring the secrets of Tuscany, this is your dream journey.
Chef Pietro Scotti is an artist in the kitchen and has turned out culinary masterpieces in his Westport, Connecticut restaurant, DaPietro’s, since 1988. Zagat described DaPietro’s as “Perfection”, Patricia Brooks of The New York Times rated it “excellent” and Wine Spectator has awarded DaPietro’s numerous awards. The most important reviews arrive daily from discerning customers that consistently rate DaPietro’s one of their favorite dining experiences. Chef Pietro’s impeccable culinary skills, his abundant energy, warm hospitality and endearing smile, make the whole experience simply irresistible.
The itinerary will feature 5 lively, interactive cooking classes with charismatic chef Pietro Scotti that will range from 2-4 hours per class. Every class will be an adventure and you will enjoy the fruits of your labor for either lunch or dinner. Early risers can join Chef Pietro as he navigates the local markets to select the day’s specialties and freshest produce. Menus will include some of your favorites, as well as menus designed around whatever irresistible local discoveries inspire Chef Pietro.
After thorough inspections, we have selected a premier Tuscan villa that meets our highest standards for quality, amenities and ambience. The villa is only a short drive to the beautiful walled-city of Lucca (you may soon forget Florence once you experience the magic of Lucca); this will be your home in Tuscany for the week The Villa’s estate, with its vineyards and olive groves, still produces its own wine and oil. The villa has been renovated to provide modern amenities combined with classic elegant Tuscan style. It features several sitting rooms for when you prefer some private time, a swimming pool, and spacious grounds for privacy, relaxation and al fresco dining. Every guest room will have a private bathroom.
Our location enables us to explore the hidden gems of the region. Our private guides and concierge services will be provided by Barbara and Robert Seaver of Request Italy, www.requestitaly.com. The Seavers have lived in Italy for over 25 years and are recognized experts in the fields of fashion, art and the history of European decorative arts. Chef Pietro and Request Italy have created an itinerary that will introduce you to their private circle of Italy’s most creative personalities and favorite locations in a manner that few visitors get to experience.
• Italian Marble: From the Quarry to the Studio. Robert Seaver will escort us through the famous Carrara marble quarries and we will stop to explore the charming town of Pietrasanta, home of Italy’s most famous sculptors. Here we will meet local artisans and be invited into a private studio that is not open to the public.
• By the sea: A short drive from our villa is the exclusive beach resort of Forte dei Marmi, the favorite beach destination among notable Italian families since the time of the Medici’s. We will enjoy this luxury retreat and stroll coastal paths through quaint fishing villages before the summer crowds arrive.
• Pisa. Pisa offers far more than the commercialized leaning tower; it is truly a city not to be missed.
Robert Seaver will provide with special insights and access that will enlighten you to the history and treasures of this important city.
• Wine & Olio: You will meet friends who operate family-owned enotecas tucked away in the small villages of the Garfagnana hills, take a reserved tour and tasting at the spectacular Frescobaldi winery, and learn about the distinctions of olive oils.
• Lucca: “Go Native”. Stroll through Lucca with the Seavers who know all the secrets and off-the-beaten path treasures of their home city. Or if you prefer, with their recommendations in hand, you can explore independently at your own pace. You may be interested in a musical event or for those of you who would like a shopping adventure, the Seavers can introduce you to the designers and collections that will provide you the best selection and quality.
• A Splash of Spontaneity
We will always be open to spontaneity should time permit. Request Italy will keep us apprised of any special events, intriguing detours, and unique opportunities that might arise.
$4,350 per person, based on double occupancy.
Included in your itinerary:
• Transfers to and from Pisa
• 7 nights luxury accommodations: private bedrooms with private bathrooms (double occupancy)
• Traditional Italian breakfast every morning at the villa (including arrival and departure days)
• Lunch : 2 (villa lunch and light fare at the winery)
• All dinners (7) including a special menu Welcome dinner and a Gala dinner
• Chef Pietro’s selection of local wines
• 5 cooking classes with Chef Pietro
• Minimum of 5 excursions/tours, to include 4 half day tours and 1 full day tour.
• Mid-week maid service
• Expert guides
• Transfers for itinerary events
• Visit to Frescobaldi Winery
For more information contact Janine Scotti at 203-613-5408