This past February, The Farmer's Cow, a group of 6 CT family dairy farms, decided to hold a contest to name 10 flavors in their new line of premium ice cream. We posted it here on CTbites, and we worked hard on our entries, but alas, no Webster family winner below. If you were wondering who did win a Summer of free ice cream, check out the names and the new flavors below.
They sifted through over 3,000 names for the various ice cream flavors.
The winning names and their creators are:
• “Hay! Hay! Hay! Vanilla” - Tracy Shortell, Wallingford
• “Cow Barn Chocolate” - Sebastian Tonewo, Franklin
• “Farm Stand Cherry Vanilla” - Karen Provoncha, Storrs
• “Summer Meadow Strawberry” - Kip Kolesinskas, Manchester
• “Up Early Coffee” - Jim Orffitelli, Manchester
• “Heifer Nutter Peanut Butter Cup” - Sam Hinckley, Windsor
• “Fields of Mint Chocolate Chip” - Jennifer Gaskins, Newtown
• “Milking Time Cookies & Cream” - Marc Sanchez, Manchester
• “Black Raspberry Moo Chocolate Chip” - Barbara Hambach, Broad Brook
• “Muddy Boots Chocolate Chocolate Chip” - Zak Nadeau, Moosup