Uno, dos, tres… the countdown is on to Cinco de Mayo! On Friday May 5, Connecticut restaurants like Bodega, Taco Loco, and Bartaco will put on fabulous fiestas featuring food specials, live music, tequila, signature cocktails, and more. There is even a cinco inspired cupcake making class and a benefit to support Dollars for Scholars.
- Margarita’s Mexican Restaurant, East Hartford & Mystic: Through May 4, Margaritas Mexican Restaurant will host Cinco Days of Goodwill, where 20% goes to Goodwill Industries. Plus, visit them for $5 specials as part of the countdown to Cinco de Mayo.
- Geronimo Tequila Bar & Southwest Grill, Fairfield and New Haven: Geronimo will have celebrations at both locations. In Fairfield, an outdoor pig roast starts at 11:30am and an outdoor Taco Cart hits the streets at 5pm. The New Haven location will also have a pig roast, and later a street party complete with a donkey!
- Mezon, Danbury: From 5:30-9:30pm, Mezon in Danbury hosts a Cinco de Mayo block party with a DJ, raffles, games, food and drink specials.
- Bartaco, with locations in West Hartford, Westport, and Stamford, invites you to kick off summer with their Cinco de Mayo party.
- Taco Loco, Bridgeport has come to be known as a Cinco de Mayo destination. Stop by for live music, a party tent, a special dine-in menu, the food truck, drink specials, give-a-ways, and more.
- Bodega, with locations in Darien and Fairfield, will host Cinco de Mayo parties.
- El Segundo, South Norwalk: El Segundo will be throwing a 3 Day Cinco de Mayo Party starting Friday May 5th - Sunday May 7th ! Stop by for traditional Mexican inspired food & drink specials, giveaways & much more.
- Hardcore Sweet Cupcakes, Oakville, invites you to a Mexican themed Vegan class co-hosted with The Buddha Bistro from Watertown, CT on Friday May 5. The evening includes all vegan cuisine and Mexican inspired desserts.
- Stamford Dollars For Scholars, Stamford, and the Tarzia Group are teaming up to host a Cinco de Mayo party, with proceeds going to support local students pursue their dream of higher education. It will have an open bar, tequila tasting, margarita bar, Mexican buffet, and more.
- Infinity Hall, Hartford, hosts a Cinco de Mayo party with tacos, tequila, dancing, and music by up and coming band Sacred Fire.
- Max’s Oyster Bar, West Hartford: The latest installation of Max Oyster Bar's Max Lunch Club takes place on Cinco de Mayo and features Casamigos Tequila.
- Don Carmelo’s Mexican Grill & Tequila Bar, Norwalk will celebrate Cinco de Mayo from 11am-2pm.
- Viva Zapata, Westport: Viva will celebrate with drink specials and general good times.
- Terra, Danbury: To celebrate the opening of their patio and Cinco de Mayo, Terra is hosting a Tacos & Tequila party. May 5th 4-9pm.
If you love Mexican fare, here is a guide to the best tacos in Connecticut!