One of our favorite local foodies, Jen Spaide, is a mother, chef, writer and natural food & health advocate. She also does recipe development for Barcelona/ Bartaco and makes a darn fine cocktail. Tis that time of year, when all should be drinking margaritas. Fresh, bright and summery, with just a little bite, this "Pretty In Pink"Margarita recipe is a keeper. Enjoy!
“Pretty in Pink” Margarita Recipe: Grapefruit, Blood Orange & Hibiscus
1 ½ oz 3 Amigos Blanco tequila (or your favorite silver)
1 oz Thatchers Blood Orange Liqueur
1 oz freshly squeeze grapefruit juice
½ oz Hibiscus-Infused Agave Simple Syrup
1. Combine ingredients in a shaker and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
2. Pour into an ice-filled margarita glass.
Hibiscus-Infused Agave Simple Syrup
1 cup light agave syrup
1 cup water
4 hibiscus tea bags (I used The Rebublic of Tea brand)
1. Combine ingredients in a small sauce pot and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes then remove from heat and let syrup cool to room temperature.
3. Remove tea bags and pour simple syrup into a mason jar. Store in the refrigerator.