As autumn approaches, farmers journey out to their fields to begin the harvest. Apples lie at the heart of the season: apple cider, apple pie, or even a simple Gala or Braeburn apple are beautiful bounties on a crisp afternoon. CT's farms and orchards are inviting you to pick-your-own apples as the leaves start to change their color. Here are 10 places where you can enjoy a fall afternoon.
If you love apples, be sure to check out these recipes for a Hot Cinnamon Apple Toddy and a Prosecco Apple Fizz from Sugar & Olives.
- Bishop's Orchards, Guilford
- Rogers Orchards, Southington
- Lyman Orchards, Middlefield
- Rose's Berry Farm, Glastonbury
- Silverman's, Easton
- Blue Jay Orchards, Bethel
- Rose Orchards, Branford
- Drazen Orchards, Cheshire
- Johnny Appleseed's, Ellington
- March Farms, Bethlehem
- Scotts Orchard and Nursery, Glastonbury