Do you have a cabbage recipe that you think can win a contest for the best cabbage recipe?
On January 19, next Saturday, The Westport Farmers' Market will be accepting all entries. At 11:00 a.m. celebrity Judges/Chefs Nancy Roper (from Boxcar Cantina and Truck) and Bill Taibe (from Lefarm and Whelk) will taste their way through the entries declaring a winner at high noon.
The winner will receive a Westport Farmers' Market tote filled with market goodies worth well over a $100 and have the option to share their recipe with the 3,000 people who receive the WFM newsletter each week. There is one stipulation to the contest - the cabbage that is used must be from a local farm and the name of the farm must be noted with the entry.
Email Lori Cochran, Market Director, by Jan 17 to enter- email@example.com
- Cabbage Recipe Contest - bring preparedcabbage dish to contest
- January 19, 2013
- Entries need to be at the market by 10:30
- Contest begins at 11:00 a.m.
- Location - Westport Farmers' Market, 7 Sylvan Lane, Westport, CT (Gilbertie's Herb Garden)
- Cabbage from a local farm must be used and labeled
- Email Lori Cochran, Market Director, by Jan 17 to enter- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Celebrity Judges/Chefs: Nancy Roper (Boxcar Cantina and Truck) and Bill Taibe (LeFarm and Whelk)