And now a word from the folks at Foxwoods...
On Saturday, May 5, Craveable Hospitality Group (CHG) opens Caputo Trattoria at Foxwoods Resort Casino, bringing a convivial Italian restaurant to the resort. Caputo Trattoria is a collaborative culinary effort from Culinary Director Matt O’Neill and Executive Chef Gary LaMothe.
LaMothe, a New England native and long-time resident, pulled inspiration from his recent travels through Milan, Florence, and Rome to bring rich, cultural history to the menu while O’Neill, called on his Italian heritage and culinary knowledge to highlight the unique and varying flavors of Italian cuisine.
“We want to provide the guests of Foxwoods with even more of a reason to return,” says Culinary Director Matt O’Neill. “In addition to the comfort food Italian staples, we seek to familiarize diners with the various regional styles of cuisine and truly highlight what makes Italian cuisine so beloved, such as the seafood-centric dishes of the coasts, the Bolognese sauce native to Emiglia-Romagna, pizza Napoletana from Campania, and risotto from the Piemonte and Lombardi regions, to list just a few. Growing up cooking with my Italian grandmother, I was inspired by the diversity of the cuisine, which is truly outstanding, particularly considering the size of the country.”
From the coasts to the mountains of Italy, the menu takes culinary cues from the country’s diverse areas using classic cooking techniques mixed with fresh interpretations of Mediterranean style. Guests are invited to start with antipasti followed by housemade pasta (primi) and heartier main courses (secondi), ending with iconic desserts (dolci). Select dishes are part of the three-course prix fixe, which is available for $39 from Sunday-Friday. Sample menu items include:
· Caputo Pie house specialty chicken parmesan served pizza-style with marinara, mozzarella, and hot honey
· Baked Clams Oreganatta with Quahaugs oyster, oregano, and buttered bread crumbs
· Tableside Cacio e Pepe with spaghetti, black pepper, and parmesan
· Shrimp Scampi Fettuccine with lemon, fennel, bottarga, and shrimp
· Lobster Fra Diavolo with Cresta di Gallo, Calabrese sausage, and pomodoro
· Porchetta with bean ragú, parsley bread crumbs, and currant compote
· Gelato Panini with Nutella and fior di latte gelato on brioche
· Ricotta Cheesecake with Amarena Cherry Compote and Amaretti cookie crust
Caputo Trattoria’s 18-seat full-service bar showcases a carefully curated, high-value wine list from sister restaurant Prime Steakhouse’s show stopping wine tower, home to over 3,000 bottles. With specific emphasis on Italian grape varieties, the Caputo Trattoria wine list demonstrates the wide diversity of Italy’s culinary regions while remaining approachable and exciting for guests. In addition to these mindful selections, the restaurant offers seasonal limoncello flights with rotating flavors such traditional lemon and unique twists like tropical mango, as well as cocktails inspired by Italian classics. Aperitivo Hour will take place every day from 3-5 p.m. A few highlights from the cocktail list include:
· Amalfi Cocktail with Knob Creek bourbon, Galliano, Orgeat, lemon, and soda
· Classic Negroni with Bombay gin, Contrato vermouth, and Campari
· Limoncello Fizz with housemade Limoncello, ginger beer, and Borgoluce prosecco