Fire up the grill! Spring is finally in full bloom and summer is just around the corner, it’s the season for backyard barbecues and pool parties.
There’s more to summer entertaining that meets the eye. Below are our tips to refresh and transform your outdoor space. Whatever you decide to do, D2’s ideas will make your home the go-to for alfresco fetes.
- Outdoor furniture has become as important as ever since it is now just as stylish and versatile as what you would find indoors. Invest in your dining table as it anchors the outdoor dining space, it should be as stylish as it is durable.
- Made in the shade: get a colorful or graphic umbrella, not only does it provide shade on a hot summer day, it also helps define the dining space.
- Chill out: make sure you have a chic beverage tub or bar cart to keep drinks on display and cool for your guests.
- Set the mood with lighting: we love using white string lights around the trees and plantings…candles and hurricanes can transform a backyard into a romantic and inviting spot.
- Fire it up! Grilling is essential, invest in a durable and attractive grill.
- Listen to the music, have outdoor all weather speakers so your guests can enjoy music while dining outside.
- Set up tables in separate areas―say, drinks in one spot, dessert in another―to encourage guests to roam.
- Replacing your throw pillows provide a quick and inexpensive refresh to the space. And a great way to infuse color.
- Play Games! It’s always fun to kick off your shoes and feel the grass in your toes while playing some old school outdoor games like croquet, bocce ball, and even a good bean bag toss. It will make your soiree even more memorable.
- Add beautiful potted plants to help define the dining space and add color and more greenery.