Halloween is right around the corner, and Connecticut restaurants are celebrating with spook-tacular specials and parties! If you’d like to warm yourself up with a bowl of chili, visit Simsbury for its chili challenge. For family fun, the Black Rock Farmers Market is holding its annual Harvest Hootenanny. That’s not all! From costume contests to creative menus to drink specials, here are restaurants and food inspired activities for Halloween!
- Spooktacular Chili Challenge, Simsbury: Chili is a fall staple and this year's Simsbury Chili Challenge goes down Saturday October 29 from 12-5pm. Local restaurants will compete for the title while participants taste, listen to music, shop, enter a costume contest, and more!
- J House, Greenwich: The J House Greenwich will have a Halloween Ball on Friday October 28 from 8pm-12am. There will be a costume contest for a $200 J House Gift Certificate.
- Peaches, Norwalk: On Saturday October 29, Peaches in Norwalk invites you to a NOLA Style Masquerade with Otis and the Hurricanes, drink specials, food specials, costume prizes, and plenty of beads!
- Black Rock Farmers Market Harvest Hootenanny, Bridgeport: The third season of the Black Rock Farmers Market is coming to a close. Celebrate with "The Harvest Hootenanny" on Saturday, October 29 from 1-5 pm. This family-friendly event will have local chefs, breweries and music-makers. To get into the seasonal spirit of the month, don a costume and get ready for dancing!
- L’escale, Greenwich: On Friday October 28, L'escale in Greenwich hosts their annual Halloween Masquerade Ball. A $65 ticket includes a Mediterranean platter and cheese platter along with admission to the ball. The best costume wins a magnum of sommelier selected wine.
- Johnny Utah’s, Norwalk: It's a weekend long celebration at Johnny Utah's in SoNo. On Friday October 28, they'll have a Day of the Dead Party. Join them again on Saturday for "The Devil Went Down to Utah's" where there is a $100 prize for best dressed, a $30 open bar, and more.
- Sign of the Whale, Stamford: On Saturday October 29, Sign of the Whale in Stamford will host a costume party. On Sunday, Mischief Industry Night will feature a DJ and 1/2 off pumpkin beers.
- Gray Goose, Southport: The Gray Goose Cafe in Southport will hold a Halloween Party with music by Green Eyed Lady. Costumes encouraged. They'll give prizes for the best male and female costumes. Plus, there are drink specials all night long.
- Cafe Xpresso, Newtown: From Thursday October 27 through Monday October 31, visit Cafe Xpresso in Newtown in costume and get a complimentary medium drink. They will also serve Halloween cakes, cupcakes, and cookies.
- Cask Republic, Norwalk and Stamford: Cask Republic Norwalk hosts a Halloween Party on October 29 from 10:00pm - 2:00am. It features Ketel One cocktails and a costume contest. Meanwhile, the Stamford location will have a "Barrel Aged Blackout Halloween Party" with special drinks and a costume contest at 10pm
- TerraSole, Ridgefield: TerraSole in Ridgefield will have two weeks of Halloween Dining Specials. Through Thursday November 3, they will offer an array of Italian favorites highlighting the season’s best flavors.
- Harlan Publick, Norwalk: Harlan Publick in Norwalk is hosting a giant Halloween bash starting at 10pm on Saturday October 29. A $40 ticket includes an all-you-can-eat buffet and 3 drink tokens.
- Fleisher’s Craft Butchery, Greenwich: Fleisher's Craft Butchery is hosting a cooking class on Sunday October 30 - just in time for Halloween. Learn learn how to cook some of the healthiest (albeit spookiest) cuts on the animal.
- The Blind Rhino, Norwalk: The Blind Rhino will host a Halloween party with rotating specials every hour from 9:30pm until close. Plus, try pumpkin beers and pumpkin shots.
- Crave, Fairfield: On Friday October 28, Crave in Fairfield invites you to a Day of the Dead party with a costume contest and specialty drinks. Join them again on Saturday October 29 for giveaways from Tito's vodka as well as another costume contest.
- Room 112, Norwalk: On Friday October 28, newly opened Room 112 in SoNo will hold a Halloween Masquerade Costume Contest.
- Bodega, Darien and Fairfield: Bodega's Darien location will have an Espolon YOLO party on Saturday with tequila tastings, a pig roast, music, and dancing. On Sunday, they'll have Sugar Skulls and face painting during brunch.
- BarBQ, Stamford: How would you like to drink free at BarBQ for one year? You can if you win their costume contest on Friday October 28. Join them again on October 29 when a $15 ticket gets you an open bar from 9-10pm and winning a costume contest can get you a trip to Vegas or Cancun
Connecticut is a great place to PYO apples… get them while you can! Click here for a full guide.