As the temperatures start to dip and winter approaches, we must bid a fond farewell to what has been a phenomenally successful summer season. While we continue our Ten Year Anniversary we celebrate the fifth year of our winter market. We are thrilled to announce the start of the Winter Westport Farmers’ Market which will officially begin on Saturday, November 14 at 10:00am. The market will return for our fifth season at Gilbertie’s Herb Garden on Sylvan Lane in Westport. We will operate Saturday, November 14 – March 12 from 10:00 – 2:00.
This is a great opportunity to bring the entire family as you shop from your favorite vendors. Sip on a warm cup of coffee or tea and let the little ones snack on a pizza, tortilla soup and a sweet treat as you shop for your artisanal breads and cheeses, meats, baked goods, seasonal vegetables as well as a variety of salad greens that have been grown hydroponically. Enjoy our weekly lecture, cooking competition and demonstration series throughout the entire winter season. *(Please see below for a list of events.)
A Farmers’ Market in the wintertime? Yes, the Westport Winter Farmers’ Market will offer everything to meet your winter dining needs. Did we mention it is inside a heated greenhouse?
(* indicates a rotating vendor on a biweekly or triweekly schedule)
Doc’s Organic Maple Syrup*
Dorset Maple Syrup*
Flour City Pasta
Fort Hill Farm
Healing Home Foods*
Huckleberry Artisan Pastries
Izzi B Allergen Free Baked Goods
Jane’s Good Food*
The Local Catch
Molly & Murphy Dog Biscuits*
Nutty Bunny Vegan Ice Cream
Om Champagne Tea
Paul’s Organic Dog Food & Treats
Sankow’s Beaver Brook Farm
Sport Hill Farm
Sugar & Olives
Two Guys From Woodbridge
Wave Hill Breads
· Nov 14 – Canned Jar Swap at 12:00 p.m.
· Nov 21 – Green Moon will showcase holiday activities.
· Nov 28 - closed
· Dec 5 - Cooking Competition – Home cooks compete with featured ingredient
· Dec 13 –Wreath Making – Gilbertie Staff
· Dec 19 - Vagabond Daughter – Organic vegetable fabric dying
· Dec 27 - closed
· Jan 3 – Compost lecture with Master Gardener
· Jan 9 – Joe’s Sprout tutorial – Gilbertie’s Staff
· Jan 16 – The Stand – learn how to cleanse with Carissa
· Jan 23 – Olive Oil Tasting and talk with Olivette
· Jan 30 – Sal Gilbertie talks gardening, greens, herbs and more.
· Feb 6 - Paul’s Custom Pet Food teaches us how to have healthier pets.
· Feb 13 – Topiary demonstration and lesson – Gilbertie Staff
· Feb 20 – Learn about tea with Wei from Arogya
· Feb 27 - CTbites’ Stephanie Webster demonstrates how to photograph food
· March 5 – Learn how to make perfume, the history of the industry and more with Wei
· March 12 – Spring planting – Gilbertie Staff