Westport Farmers’ Market is starting 2015 right...with a Bacon Recipe Contest.
Westport Farmers' Market is challenging Fairfield County to bring out their best bacon recipe on January 24 to the Westport Farmers’ Market located at 7 Sylvan Lane, Westport, CT (inside Gilbertie’s Herb Garden). At 11:00 a.m. Celebrity Judges will be Chris Hickey, co-owner and Chef Carlos from The Spread will taste their way through the entries declaring a winner at high noon.
The winner will receive a market bag full of goodies and a WFM t-shirt. The winner’s recipe will be shared with the 3,000 people who receive the WFM newsletter each week. There is one stipulation to the contest – the bacon that is used must be from one of the WFM farmers and the name of the farm must be noted with the entry.
- · Bacon Recipe Contest – contact Lori Cochran to enter ()
- · January 24, 2015 -bring prepared cabbage dish to contest
- · Entries need to be at the market by 10:30
- · Location – Westport Farmers’ Market, 7 Sylvan Lane, Westport, CT (Gilbertie’s Herb Garden)
- · Bacon from a WFM farmer must be used and labeled
Email Lori Cochran to enter the contest by Feb 20 - email@example.com