It's not too late to run to the store and pick up some Butternut squash for this incredibly delicious recipe created by Carlos Baez of The Spreadin SoNo. This one is sure to be a keeper. When your guests are sighing with delight, please feel free to thank us. Enjoy this recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash and Bosc Pear Soup.
Roasted Butternut Squash & Bosc Pear Soup
1 Butternut Squash, cut in half and seeded
1 Tsp Kosher Salt, divided
½ Tsp Black Pepper
½ Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 Bosc Pears, peeled, cored & sliced
1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 Onion Chopped
2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Season each squash half with ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper and ¼ tsp spice.
3. Place the squash halves, cut-side down on a foil lined baking sheet.
4. Place the peeled and sliced pears on the baking sheet as well around the squash.
5. Roast for 1 hour- 1 hour & 30 minutes or until the squash is tender.
6. Allow the squash to cool then scoop out the insides and discard the skin.
7. In a pot, heat 1 tbsp of butter over medium heat and add the chopped onions and 2 sprigs of thyme.
8. Sauté for 4 minutes then add in the cooked squash, pears, and 32 oz water and
9. Stir, allow the mixture to come to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes.
10. Turn off the heat and allow to cool a little before blending.
11. Using an immersion blender or standing blender, puree the mixture.
12. Garnish your soup with a touch of creme fraiche and extra virgin olive oil, enjoy!