There is tremendous activity in the town of New Canaan recently and CTbites wanted to give our readers an update:
- Bistro Bonne Nuit closed after providing some of the best French food in Fairfield County. We wish Roe and all of the staff best of luck in their future endeavors;
- Farmer’s Table will relocate to the space formerly occupied by Bistro Bonne Nuit. In addition to a larger space, the new location will allow for outdoor dining and the potential for a liquor license;
- Picador restaurant has changed ownership and the new chef, Corey Falcone, is working on modifying the menu to include recipes from his Italian heritage;
- Locali Pizza Bar and Kitchen is set to open at the corner of Forest and Locust in the space that formerly housed Kouzina. Chef Mogan Anderson from Village Social in Mt. Kisco is currently devising the opening menu;
- Baldanza Natural Market and Café opened at 17 Elm St. in the space that formerly housed Reid’s;
- An Italian Trattoria under ownership of local restaurateurs and chef will open in the space that formerly housed Tuscan Restaurant;
- New Canaan Olive Oil opened at 98 Elm Street, in the former Dunkin’ Donuts;
- Eclectic, a take-out, catering and deli opened on Vitti Street;
- ginger bitz bakery and cafe will open at 155 Elm St. in the former Caroline's Creperie location;
- Caroline’s Creperie is closed and Crumbs is scheduled to close.
Best of luck to all of the new establishments.