Holbrook Farm and Chef Michael Bick of Some Things Fishy Catering are hosting a BYOB farm-to-table dinner on Sunday, May 20, 2012 at Holbrook Farm in Bethel, CT. The event is $55 per person. To make reservations, email or call 914.572.5648 to make reservations.
"John, Lynn, and I have been good friends for over 5 years coming to my events and often speaking about the importance of local and sustainable food sources. It just seemed like a natural thing to have dinner right on the farm where I get my produce," said Michael Bick.
Holbrook Farm is a family farm run by John and Lynn Holbrook. They have lived on the 13-acre property for 34 years. "Holbrook Farm has been clean of pesticides and herbicides for at least the last 30 years that we have owned the land. We don't spray with pesticides, we try to use beneficial insects and companion plants," John Holbrook says, "and we don't use herbicides. Weeds have a place in the ecological mix as long as they are controlled."
Holbrook Farm specializes in the chemical free growing of vegetables, cut flowers, herbs and berries and their farm stand also sells fresh baked goods, jams, jellies, pickles and honey among other seasonal items. They also have hicks and chickens for sale, as well as fresh eggs.
- White Peach Nectar with Tarragon
- Basil Lemonade
Passed Hors D'oeuvres
- Hawaiian Sea Salt Dusted Diver Scallop
- Green Tomato Relish, Radish Crisp
- Cola de Buey
- Sherry Wine Braised Oxtail, Chickpea Puree, Cilantro Drizzle, Sundried Tomato Tartlet
- Sundried Tomato Basil Risotto Cakes
- Wilted Pea Greens, Smoked Mozzarella
Plated First Course
- Pan Seared Redfish with Apricot-Chili Butter
- Organic Hot House Micro greens, Artichoke Fritter
Family Style Dinner
- Family Style Roast Chicken with Chervil, Mint, Tarragon, and Garlic Chive Pesto
- Spring Vegetable Mélange
- Roasted Beets, Blistered Fava Beans, Turnips, Multi Colored Carrots
- Speckled Quinoa with Young Dill and Sweet Peas
- Housemade Honey Butter Rolls
- Selection of Tara's Petite Treats
- Green Tea Cupcake with Cream Cheese Buttercream
- Rosemary-Kalamata Olive Cupcake with Vanilla Buttercream
Holbrook Farm is located at 45 Turkey Plain Road (Route 53 South) in Bethel, CT. (203) 792-0561 or visit online at holbrookfarm.net. They are open from 9 to 5 Monday through Saturday.
Some Things Fishy Catering is owned and operated by Chef Michael Bick. Information at SomeThingsFishyCatering.com