Here's week 2 of a new CTbites feature wherein we'll offer up small servings of news, happenings, and other ephemera for your delectation. Some of these may be followed up with longer reviews, others will fade into memory.
- Mimosas for all! Elm Restaurant in New Canaan is now serving brunch every Sunday from 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., with local ingredients & seasonal twists on brunch classics.
- Rising Pint Brewfest this Saturday, May 12, from noon-5p.m., at Rentschler Field in East Hartford. There will be over 250 different beers from 40 brewers, plus food from some of the Hartford region's best restaurants.
- Eat your greens. The new Terrain garden center in Westport will include a garden café.
- We hear: Westport's Liquor Locker is moving to Compo Shopping Plaza after 45 years at its old location.
- Coalhouse Pizza celebrates American Craft Beer Week May 14 - May 20. They will select a favorite craft beer brewery each day, and offer $5 pints all day, starting with Dogfish Head on Monday the 14th.