Many thanks to everyone who submitted recommendations for the new “CTbites 2012 Pie Combo” to be included on Pizzeria Rosso's menu. Over forty unique combinations were submitted in both the savory and sweet categories.
CTbites reviewed each of the entries with Pat Pascarella, owner of Pizzeria Rosso, and after careful consideration we are pleased to announce that one sweet creation received so much enthusiasm that we unanimously decided to name this delicious combination a winner. Congratulations to...
Thin layer of fig jam, brie, arugula with a drizzle of honey - Submitted by Lynn
This delectable dessert pie will be listed on Pizzeria Rosso's menu.
In the savory category, the five finalists are:
1. White pie with prosciutto, ricotta, mozzarella, grilled onions and raw honey - Michael
2. Red pizza with mozzarella, crumbled hot Italian sausage, banana peppers, black olives and mushrooms - Scott Brown
3. Red pizza with caramelized onions, goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes - Lisa
4. Red pizza with lump sausage, broccoli rabe, pesto, halved grape tomatoes and Burrata - PL
5. A thin layer of mashed potato (sliced will be used) topped with caramelized onions and pieces of tender Osso Bucco - Denise
Congratulations to the Finalists. Each of the final combinations will be prepared, tasted and judged and a winner will be crowned in the next few weeks.