Here is our second installment from the Barcelona Cookbook, Spicy Lobster Salad. This recipe will have you craving those Summer lobster runs to Massachusetts. It is simple, fresh and delicious, but has a little kick giving it that signature Barcelona flair.
Spicy Lobster Salad
One 1¼-pound live Maine lobster
2 ribs celery, cut into ¼-inch dice
2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
5 fresh chives, minced
½ jalapeño pepper, seeded, cored, and finely diced
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Leaves from 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Leaves from 4 sprigs fresh dill, finely chopped
3 tablespoons sour cream
Pinch of kosher salt
About 30 potato chips or 4 rounded Bibb lettuce leaves
1. In a large pot, bring about a gallon of water to a rolling boil over high heat. Put the lobster in the boiling water, head first, cover the pot, and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the lobster shell turns bright red.
2. Set a large bowl filled with ice and water next to the pot and, when the lobster is cooked, immediately plunge it into the ice water for about 15 minutes to cool.
3. When cool, remove the lobster meat from the claws, arms, and tail. Chop the meat into small bite-sized pieces and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the celery, onion, chives, jalapeño, lemon juice, parsley, and dill. Add the lobster meat, sour cream, and cayenne to taste (we suggest starting with about ½ teaspoon) and mix well. Season to taste with salt and mix again.
5. Serve the lobster salad on chips or in the Bibb lettuce cups.