Bottling your own holiday spirit has its advantages. It's an excellent wintry hostess gift, it can be a comforting and decadent way to end a meal at home, and it sure beats giving out cookies (unless you've found a way to fill them full of whiskey too). A creamy concoction spiked with whiskey, I guarantee this loyal interpretation of Bailey's Irish Cream inspired by the Cupcake Project will be happily received and savored as a decadent way to extend the holiday spirit.
Homemade Bailey's Irish Cream (aka "Holiday Spirit")
- 1 C light cream
- 14 oz or 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- about 1 2/3 C Irish whiskey
- 1 t instant coffee (Starbucks Via works well)
- 2 T chocolate syrup
- 1 t good vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a blender on high speed for at least 30 seconds.
- Bottle in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate. Shake well before serving.
- Will keep for up to 2 months.