Napa & Co. wraps-up our Thanksgiving Day Virtual Potluck Dinner with a decadent take on stuffing...Chestnut Corn Bread & Fois Gras Stuffing to be exact.
A hearty thank you to all the chefs, bloggers and readers who took the time to share one of their favorite recipes on on of our favorite holidays.
Napa & Co.'s Chestnut Corn Bread Stuffing with Foie Gras & Sage
- 1 cup Duck fat
- 6 shallots diced
- 8 cups corn bread large diced, toasted in a 350 degree oven until golden
- 8 cups chestnuts (peeled and frozen)
- 6 oz foie gras cut in to medium sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon sage chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- poultry stock
- Defrost the chestnuts, cover with melted duck fat and cook in a 300 degree oven for about 40 minutes until tender.
- Take a small sauté pan, start on a high flame, and once hot quickly sauté the foie gras for about 15 seconds and reserve in the refrigerator.
- Sweat the shallots in a touch of duck fat until translucent, add the toasted corn bread, and toss around, add the chestnuts and mix gently being careful not to break them apart. Moisten with heavy cream or poultry stock. Add the chopped sage, and cool down in the refrigerator.
- Once cooled, mix in the foie gras.
This stuffing can either be stuffed into your Turkey or baked in an oven proof dish for about 45 miniutes at 350 degrees. The richness of the Foie Gras pairs beautifully with a rich, fruit forward, Zinfandel like, Frog’s Leap from Napa Valley, California.